8/11/2005

The Other 42

Cubs 11 Cardinals 4

Where has this been? DLee 2 home runs, ARam, Nomar, CPat...and a complete game by Maddux. Believe me I am not too excited, but anytime the Cubs can beat up on the Cards like this IS A VERY GOOD DAY. When I heard the line-up with Macias batting lead-off, I was very scared. I will have to say, it was a good move. Let's keep this up. Maddux really pulled through today, he showed why he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. The bullpen needed the rest and the Cubs needed the win. Great team effort. Dusty said he told Derrek not to take batting practice, to save his energy...GREAT MOVE.

I know Dusty has been mixing up the line-up, and today it worked. Keep on managing.

After yesterday's loss, the Cubs had lost 60 games. I read somewhere once that 'Every team will win 60, every team will lose 60, it is the other 42 that separates the good teams from the bad teams'. It was great to see them start the other 42 with a win.

Friday - Carlos Zambrano(8-5/3.30) vs. Jason Marquis(9-10/4.24)

Maddux showed the young guys how it is done. It is time for Z to follow his lead. Hopefully Zambrano can pitch like he did the last time vs. the Cards. Need a stong performance to stay out of the bullpen too early. Keep the Cards on their heals.

You never know...this could be the start of something...just win!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home