8/04/2005

Stuck In The Middle With You

Cubs 4 Phillies 6

Wow...another bad inning for Mark Prior. With everything that has happened this year, injuries etc..the expectations put on Prior and Zambrano is unbelievable. With Woody being out, Maddux...well not being Maddux, Williams being a good 5th, not a 4th and (insert another starter here)...the pitching staff has not lived up to expectations.

When the year started, it was easy to look at the line-up and wonder 'How are these guys going to score runs', but I never thought the starting pitching would be this bad. Bullpen yes, starters no.

A couple of weeks ago, Pat Hughes said 'this is typical of a .500 ball club, great one-day and horrible the next. No consistency.' He's right. To me, that is a perfect description.

Right now this team cannot seem to get all of the pieces to work together on the same day....a .500 ball club...but considering most of the years I have followed this club, they have not even been that, I should not complain, or should I?!?!

Well....let's go to New York

Friday - Rich Hill (0-0/3.79) vs. Tom Glavine (7-9/4.50)

What can I say, its the 'wonderful' Mets. I REALLY like Hill..GREAT curve ball.

Can the guys get the Philly Steak out of their heads and get out of the middle of the road... let's hope so...Brew crew on their tails...magic number still at 39.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home