8/12/2005

Follow The Leader

Cubs 4 Cardinals 1

Maddux showed 'em how and Zambrano did. Six innings of shut out ball against the best team in the National League. Z has some of the best stuff I have seen in a while. As long as he keeps his head on straight, in my opinion he is one, if not the best, in the league. DLee came through AGAIN TODAY...is he gonna get hot again? If he does..lookout you never know what could happen with this team. Woody came in and did his job and well under pressure. The only problem I had today is, what is up with the 2 out meltdowns? It has killed this team all year and just when you thought the game was over, Burnie slips, does not catch the ball in the 9th and all I am thinking is..NOT AGAIN, NOT AGAINST THE CARDS. I will give it to Dempster, he collected himself and got the next out...game over...NO PUJOLS.

BELIEVE me, I am not getting too excited, but I think this is how the team could have played all year. Clutch hitting, good defense and the STARTING PITCHING.

Saturday - Jerome Williams(3-5/5.18) vs. Chris Carpenter(16-4/2.26)

This one will be tough. Carpenter is the best pitcher in the NL this year. Should win the Cy Young. Williams did have a quality start the last time against the Cards in St. Louis, but now this team has lost 2 in a row. The guys will have to be patient and Williams will have to be at his best tomorrow. No extra outs. DLee stay away from the batting cage.

Continue to follow...and just win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home